[FSPA] Future of Mighty Mike's League

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 17:53:10 EDT 2017

Rob T wrote...

> It's good to get the players involved because I did hear that several weren't happy about the move to RZ without any say or input.

I think it's fair to say that *no one* was happy about the unexpected shift in venue, but what the heck can you do when your location abruptly shuts down with only a few days notice?  Roland was pounding the pavement looking for alternate locations as soon as the news broke, but obviously it's not trivial to just start up a new public location overnight, and the area has few existing locations with multiple working games.  Another possibility that had been on the table was moving the league to, say, Julie's/my house for the remainder of the season... would've been closer to Mighty Mike's, but had its own problems (e.g. doing preplays becomes difficult; concerns about the homeowners having an unfair advantage; food/beverage service or lack thereof).

In an ideal world, we'll find another great location where we can play Monday nights in western Fairfax / eastern Loudoun.  Our players have Monday nights cleared on their calendars, and a significant number of our players are from this geographic area, so keeping the commute roughly the same would be good.  Unfortunately, we don't really live in an ideal world, so we'll just try to do the best we can for as many people as we can.  We love you all and don't want to lose any of yuz.  :D

--Joe