[FSPA] MM special announcements

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Mon Jul 3 14:29:43 EDT 2017

> I think that's only emergency cancellations and not scheduled cancellations.....

Specifically weather emergencies:

	League play will be canceled if inclement weather causes Northern Virginia Community College <http://www.nvcc.edu/emergency/> to be closed.

We have the "follow nearby university for weather cancellations" policy because 1) we don't have dedicated resources to ascertain the condition (current and forecast) of all the local roads in the area -- leave that to the experts -- and 2) if someone is driving their car trying to get to league in a storm, it's much easier to listen to WTOP Radio for closings rather than constantly checking your smartphone for league announcements.

Also, if NVCC happened to close for, say, a shooting incident on campus, that doesn't mean league will be cancelled.  We only follow weather closures.

TL,DR: league is on tonight at Mighty Mike's.  :)

--Joe