[FSPA] Swinging from a vine to Mighty Mikes ...

Roland Joyal joyalrj at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 01:30:09 EDT 2017

... Jungle Lord makes an appearance.  It's after 1 AM and spent the last 7 + hours getting the game ready for prime time, including fixing several hacks and issues, so hopefully it plays OK for Monday's league at Mighty Mikes.  Let Edan/Joe know if not.  Keep in mind it is a 35 year old game so it is not going to play like a newer SS game.

Jungle Lord is a great early 80's pin with 2 levels/ramps, 4 flippers, Magna-Save buttons, TONS of drop targets, 2 ball Multiball, a super sexy back glass, and a VERY sophisticated rule sheet (for the time period) w/cool strategy and features (as Mr. Blonder will tell you).   And just TRY and get the ever-changing background sound to get to it's limit!  (I had a super long ball, 10X bonus (but fell just short of the default highest score), and as soon as I thought the pitch was as high as it can go, it then changes to something lower/different and gets more intense.  Gotta luv the 80's technology ;)   I will point out that in certain conditions there is a bug in the s/w or design where if there is a ball in the right saucer, and there is another ball on the play field, the second ball can hang up next to the locked ball, and it won't time out and kick the ball out (and no ball search for this era game).

So now Mighty Milke's has 7 Pins, and you can't beat the variety of games.  The league has a mid 70's EM, an early 80's SS, a late 80's SS, a mid 90's WPC, a mid 90's WPC-95, an early 2010 decade Stern and a 2017' new Stern pin. Don't know how long Jungle Lord will stay, as most of the games are for sale, but for now and the foreseeable future, it is there.  Things will be arranged differently in the next few weeks in the pinball room if or when it gets painted, so JL's final resting place may will be different.

-Roland
   .