[FSPA] XMen @ Joel, Dialed In Bluetooth @ all?

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Sat Jul 15 00:00:01 EDT 2017

Personally, I have no idea if the cell phone control feature of Dialed In should be legal for league play; I've never used it myself.  It's obviously an intentional, advertised feature of the game, so it's clearly not a cheat.  If it provides a significant advantage to players, I'd kinda be inclined to disallow it, because we don't want competitive advantages to be based on who's willing to throw down a few hundred bucks on a smartphone and then download some crazy app.  If it's just a fun gimmick/toy with no real advantage, then no big deal.  As the only league location with the machine in play, I'd defer to Rob Wintler-Cox, the VÜK league SLO, to make a choice.  If he decides to disallow it, that would be logged as a "Special Ruling" in the FSPA rules (and would certainly get reviewed in our usual rules review between seasons).  Unless/until such a ruling is made, I'd say make the most of whatever the machine gives ya...

--Joe