[FSPA] Alternate Route to Pittsburgh

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Mon Jul 24 11:52:14 EDT 2017

Being from Pittsburgh I still travel to visit family once a month or so
and my frustration with the PA turnpike had me looking for better
routes.  If anyone else is looking for avoid the turnpike and take a
less frustrating route here's the one I use when I head up there... I've
shared this with a few others that agree it's a better option.

Take I70 to Breezewood, PA as you normally would.... when you come into
Breezewood turn left towards Everett and take US30 through Bedford....
After Bedford you'll take I-99 North and follow that toward Altoona....
before reaching Altoona you'll take US22 West towards Ebensburg....
US22 will take you clear to Monroeville where you'll get on the Parkway
to head into Pittsburgh.

Here's a Google link that should show the route:
https://goo.gl/maps/64pEjywLwzT2

My estimate is that this route is probably 15 mins longer in most cases
but regardless there are no tolls and I think it's a much easier drive.