[FSPA] Arcade fun: Ocean City, MD and Rehoboth Beach, DE

Joel Shprentz jshprentz at his.com
Mon Jun 5 16:39:44 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 2:35 PM, ethan--- via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org> wrote:

> ... I've been thinking I'd love to build a pinball using the large
> transparent LCD trick but the serviceability would suck with that under the
> playfield glass!)

Take a look at late '60s Bally EMs. As IPDB explains in the entry for
Rocket III, "Early Production games [had] the familiar sliding glass, while
later in production the glass was changed to lift upwards from the front in
a metal frame." I recall that the glass was firmly mounted in a frame
including the side and front metal rails. The entire frame pivoted up, like
the hood of a car. No glass edges were exposed to nicks. No beverages could
seep inside.

You could mount your LCD and playfield glass in a similar frame.

--
Joel