[FSPA] FSPA: Mighty Mike's (RIP) Results for 11/27/2017 (Meet #10)

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 01:05:51 EST 2017

Hey folks, a few notes about the Sterling Refugees results...

First off, those of you in group 5 might be looking at the results saying "Wait, what?  I don't remember Matt getting disqualified on Game of Thrones."  Yes, well, funny thing... later in the evening, Matt inadvertently plunged a player's ball on an active league game.  I had to squirm and sigh and rule this as Interference, which carries a DQ penalty for the offender.  A seldom-used clause of FSPA rule 4.5 notes that if the violator doesn't have a current game in progress, the penalty will be assessed against the game with the highest league points from their current match, which happened to be Matt's GoT game.  (Just to add to the WTF-iness of this situation, the game that was interfered with was group 1's GoT game of David Horner vs two forfeits, so David was guaranteed 3 league points no matter what he scored.)  The good news is that the whole kerfuffle didn't have any material impact on the standings, so yay.

Playoffs are next Monday, December 4!  We are particularly by-the-book when it comes to playoffs, which starts with timing.  Game picks will begin at 7:45, and everyone except the #4 seeds have game pick(s).  If you are not present when it's time for your game pick, you will drop a notch in seeding.  Playoffs will begin at 8:00.  If you are not present when the playoffs start, you will be dropped from the playoffs.  You *can* request a 15 minute delay per usual (for start time, not game pick time) if you're running late, but please just help everyone out and come early.

I currently expect that Denice Thornton will not be able to attend playoffs, which would bump Matt "Plunge Early, Plunge Often" Burke up to the #4 seed in B.  Assuming that's the case, here are the head-to-head stats for that match: <http://fspa.league.papa.org/vsStats/127/126,307,199,248?a=1 <http://fspa.league.papa.org/vsStats/127/126,307,199,248?a=1>>   If any other qualified players won't be able to attend the playoffs, please speak up!  And if you're just below the line, consider coming out anyway, you never know when there might be a last-minute scratch, and you could sneak in.  If not, hang out with folks and watch the festivities.

As y'all have heard, the Sterling Refugees will be refugees no more starting in the Spring season, with a new home at Roland's Party Palace Sterling Silver Ball-o-rama Deluxe with Cheese.  Keep your eyes on this list (or fspazone.org, or our Facebook page, or our Twitter feed) for more details soon.

Thanks to all of you for playing this season!  We can't do this without yuz, so as always, we really appreciate your ongoing support of the FSPA!

See y'all next Monday...

--Joe