[FSPA] VUK League Playoff Results!

Rob Wintler-Cox rwintlercox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:57:36 EDT 2018

We ended our biggest season yet with four divisions of tough playoff
matches. Spirits were crushed, hearts were broken, game picks were
regrettable, but overall everybody seemed to have a good time on a cold and
drizzly late Sunday afternoon.

A Division
#1 Steve Jonke - 13 points
#2 Justin Bath - 12 points
#3 Tim Peterson - 9 points
#4 Rob Wintler-Cox - 6 points

After DQ-ing two malfunctioning games in a row, it was anybody’s match
going into round 4, when the high seeds had their game picks thrown back in
their faces and laughed at. Justin picked Star Trek against Tim — which
both the numbers and Tim said was a solid choice — but Tim had Justin
declared unfit for command and sent him to the brig, scoring 80 million to
11. I picked Houdini in the same round and got Jonked, 426K to 81K. Those
two four pointers — plus Steve's stunning 28.5B Rule the Universe game on
AFM in round 3 — allowed the critical 1 point difference that gave Jonke
the win.

B Division
#1 Elliott Keith - 14 points
#2 Max Baskin - 12 points
#3 Ed Most - 8 points
#4 John Mucciardi - 6 points

B Division had some tough matches, with only a handful of bonus points
being awarded, the notable exception being round 2 where the eventual
winners threw down a couple of 4-point shots on Houdini (Ed vs Max) and
Guardians (John vs Elliott). Ed had a tough break on Houdini with two stuck
balls in the same game, one that timed out a mode and a cannon shot that
missed the trunk and wedged into the habitrail entry to the right. In the
end, Elliott took the win in his first FSPA season, showing us that
Crabtowne don’t raise no chumps.

C Division
#1 Rob Thomas - 12 points
#2 Stephanie Traub - 10 points
#3 Joseph Fisher - 10 points
#4 Peter Schiff - 8 points

On the other hand, the Police had to be called on C Division because they
were stealing points right and left. Rob Thomas MD prescribed a beatdown on
Stephanie and Peter in the head-to-head rounds, but got medical schooled by
Joseph on Guardians. Top seed Peter had a rough start, but even though he
Dialed In a score that was larger than all the other players combined, Rob
took home C Division gold.

D Division
#1 Manuel Hernandez - 13 points
#2 Kevin Walton - 11 points
#3 Angela Pecora - 9 points
#4 Audrey Bonsignore - 7 points

Clearly tired of all those 13th place finishes at the weekly tournaments, D
Division got kicked into Manuel overdrive… he pulled away from the pack in
his custom Cadillac early and didn’t look back. Houdini put Angela in a
milk can and wouldn’t let her out with a disappointing 6,000 point score.
And in the final round Kevin came out with 7 bills on AFM to clinch second
place.

Thanks to everyone for another exciting season! We gave out over $1000 in
prizes! We are planning to mount what will probably be our final season
this summer, weekly tournaments will continue under the heat-resistant eye
of Elliott, Iron Maiden will be coming to join us, and our nation turns its
lonely eyes to the return of pinball to College Park. Come on out and play
those games while you can!