[FSPA] VUK Playoff Results!

Rob Wintler-Cox rwintlercox at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 22:22:44 EDT 2018

It happened! Maybe not quite as planned, but it did! And here’s how it
happened…

A Division
#1 Justin Bath - 15
#2 Josh Dixon - 12
#3 Alex Jeffrey - 7
#4 Elliott Keith - 6

Can no one stop the Bath Juggernaut?!? Justin won four of his five games,
only taking a shocking loss on Iron Maiden to Josh. A Metallica DQ in the
second round may have put Elliott off his game (it was either randomly
awarding grave markers OR John Locke had just gotten 87 million on ball 1
and made that up so we’d play another game). Josh also squeaked out a win
on Star Trek against Alex by pushing the button as the ball drained to
barely pull ahead. It was a good showing for Josh in his final season as he
and Jocelyn will be moving to Pittsburgh, where it’s my understanding that
there is not much of a pinball scene.

B Division
#1 Tim Peterson - 14
#2 Fred Butts - 12
#3 Brian Galletta - 8
#4 Francis Parks - 6

First #2 seed Douglas M dropped out, then Stephanie decided she would
rather beat women at the Holy Frijoles women’s tournament than beat men at
VÜK, so Brian and Francis stepped up. Considering he didn’t have accurate
stats for game picks AND despite some last minute fixes to games cut into
his practice time, Tim did just fine, taking his only loss on a tough
Aerosmith game against Brian. Fred picked and subsequently crushed his go
to game Star Wars, getting almost twice the other three players’ scores
combined. Fred also threw a bucket of water on Brian and watched him melt
away on Wizard of OZ to take the lead, but Tim moved his car more
effectively in round 4, then did not look back. Francis donated his meager
winnings to the cause of women’s pinball in Stephanie’s honor.

C Division
#1 Angela Pecora - 13
#2 Kevin Walton - 11
#3 Karen Huggins - 10
#4 Celina Cuadro - 6

Karen walked into playoffs when Manuel decided he would rather pick up a
STTNG, and did pretty well for herself in her first season ever. She
annihilated on Star Wars, putting up the Leia high score. But in the end it
was Angela’s clever strategy of alternating 4-pointers with losses that got
the job done.

Congratulations to ALL the finalists, and we will see you for another
exciting season at VÜK starting September 9th!