[FSPA] PinBaltimore Tournament Info & Registration Cap Announcement

Jake Peterson jpeterson at arsenalstudios.com
Tue Aug 28 09:40:40 EDT 2018

Hey Everyone,

PinBaltimore and the Baltimore City Pinball Championship are coming up in
less than 3 weeks to Holy Frijoles (9/14 - 9/16). I wanted to send along
this announcement because the event has been getting a lot of attention and
we will be capping the number of entrants in the competition to avoid long
wait times / log jams. I also wanted to pass along some info for
competitors and answer some common questions. I think you will be pleased.
We have been giving the event a lot of thought and we are pouring our
hearts into making this happen. Players from all the different leagues and
associations are coming together to do something special.

*Cap Details*

* The FSPA is getting an advance announcement. If you would like to
compete, I highly recommend you pre-register (buy an advance ticket) here
 IMPORTANT: You must add a FREE Competition Entry Ticket to your cart along
with PAID event ticket in order to compete.  *https://www.pinbaltimore.com/
register -  If you already purchased a ticket prior to this email but did
not add this competition ticket, don't worry. We have you covered. We
simply had to add this additional step as we are running out of tickets and
need to do inventory control.

*Not only will this guarantee you a slot, but it is the cheapest way to buy
a ticket to the fest. A ticket covers three days of full access to the
competition room, bands and freeplay areas.*

If we sell out of competition slots, but you want to compete, fill out this
form. We will notify you if / when we open up more competition slots. See
below for more info on that.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=154G_onxDkgEmzAM3_PUHB8SBUwz6Di7t-B6G41QOtT8

*As of right now, the plan is to cap at 80 competitors with ~10 machines
for the main and 5-6 for classics. HOWEVER, we may lift the cap if we can
get more pins donated for the weekend. If you donate a pin, you are
guaranteed a slot even if you missed the 80 cap. Also, for each 4 pins
donated, we will increase the amount of players allowed in the competition
as well as the number of pins for qualifying. See more info about donating
below.*

*Questions Answered*

*There's a bunch of bands and casual players at this thing right? Sound
like it will make competition annoying / not fun. *
No worries! There is a secret, private room at Holy Frijoles not regularly
open to the pubic. This will be the dedicated competition room and will be
distraction free. Also, we are taking the tables out of the dining area at
Frijoles and expanding so there is plenty of room for the free play area
too!

*What's the Format / cost for entries?*
There are three tournaments. The Baltimore City Championship, Classics 1
(Fri), Classics 2 (Sat). More info here. https://www.pinbaltimore
.com/competition

Main is 2 days of open qualifying (Modified Herb) + match play head to head
finals (think state championships for finals). Entries for competition are
$2 and are transferable between main and classics. Same format
for Classics, except there will be a separate tournament each day for
Classics. We are also working with Karl DeAngelo to implement SMS into
Neverdrains, which will run the qualifying.
Two divisions of play (A and B division). Top 24 players qualify for A
division playoffs on Sunday, 25 - 40 qualify for B division on Sunday.
There is no B division for Classics.

*How Can I Help?*

*1) Donate Pins - *We are insured, we have volunteers to police / protect
your pins, and may be able to handle pickup / dropoff. We have plenty of
room and are trying to pack the place full. Donating pins gets you free
entry for the weekend and a guaranteed slot in comp even if you miss the
cap. More info here - https://www.pinbaltimore.com/donate-pins

*2)* *Volunteer - *We still could use some volunteers. If you can help,
fill out this form to let us know contact info and shifts you could work. 1
shift gets you a day pass. 2 shifts gets you a free weekend. Everybody gets
a PinBaltimore Staff shirt and a meal with each shift. More info here -
https://www.pinbaltimore.com/volunteer

*Neighborhood / Parking*
If you've never been to Frijoles, this will be in the Hampden neighborhood
of Baltimore. Hampden is know for it's eccentric eclectic personality and
bustling 36th street commercial district (AKA "The Avenue"). Lots of
shopping, restaurants, and bars outside of Holy Frijoles to enjoy. There
are also several nearby hotels, etc. if you decide to make a weekend out of
it. No, you can't crash in my guest room. Parking can be easy or a lil
tough depending on when you arrive. Paid parking on The Ave, free parking
on adjacent streets.

*What is the deal with the bands and stuff?*
Fri and Sat will feature bands, DJs, movies, music videos, and a few other
really cool surprises. Nearly every band / DJ is in a pinball league or
avid player from the Baltimore pinball community. Many pinball players have
other talents too ;-) More info on that here. https://www.pinbaltimore
.com/schedule

Thanks for your time and eyeballs everyone! Please let me know if you have
any questions.

--
Jake Peterson
*Arsenal Studios*