[FSPA] VBH Quick Results

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:29:08 EST 2018

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 4:47 PM The Bob via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org> wrote:

> The only reason a player would be "in trouble" for telling another player
> to play out of turn is if they were intentionally cheating.  In that case
> it's the SLOs discretion to kick the offender out of league.

This.  It's sometimes not obvious you have an extra ball/zero-point ball
save.  Later last night I was playing Elliott on TX-Sector and didn't
realize I had collected the extra ball during multiball (I thought I
drained before collecting it), so when I was done I walked off the
machine.  He noticed it, told me, I went back and played.  Simple.  There's
almost never any nefarious activity here and it's always solved by paying
the slightest bit of attention.  As Steve said, it's always the player's
responsibility to play when they are up and not play when they are not up.
It doesn't matter if someone says "you're up," or walks away from the
machine or whatever.  You address the machine, you verify you're actually
up, or you get DQ'd.  It's really not hard.

Now, if someone is intentionally trying to trick a player into playing out
of turn, I agree it would likely be handled by invoking the cheating clause
because that's not cool.  But I can't say I've ever seen someone do that.

            --- Dave

--
"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."