[FSPA] previously unknown pinball technique discovered?

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:36:26 EDT 2018

Personally, I would consider this a distraction which is covered, same as
headlamp glare or other exceptional action that disrupts nearby play.

I also can't imagine any TD or machine owner looking favorably on this.

  --- Dave

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 11:26 PM, Joe Schober via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
wrote:

> Really, the first thing that came to my mind was: OW.  Pounding
> wood/metal/glass with your fist for 15 seconds after every tilt warning
> seems like an orthopedic appointment in the making.  But props for finding
> something that does appear to work well.
>
> While there isn't currently a published rule against this (at least in
> FSPA rules or, as far as I can tell, the PAPA/IFPA unified ruleset), I'll
> point out that there is a catch-all rule about "conduct exceptionally
> detrimental to the league".  While I do not personally think this
> inherently falls under that umbrella, it'd be a different story if a
> machine owner or location owner requests that players not use this
> technique on their machines or at their location.
>
> --Joe

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."