[FSPA] previously unknown pinball technique discovered?

Steve Peck speckking at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:29:03 EDT 2018

as for the carpet thing -

good point about the surface I had the same curiosity myself thinking about
why this might not work for someone.

it's certainly possible that having some give somewhere vertically matters.
if so i would think the rubber feet that i.e. papa uses would be enough.
Probably if anything, more hits are required the less give present under
the legs, vs preventing the technique altogether.

I could test this on location if there were one anywhere near me with
appropriate floors, but harford county is a total pinball vacuum.
otherwise, someone who can *consistently do the technique on carpet* could
test on cement,
If on location you would have to run more tests but could still determine
it (intentionally tilt with some shaking, use the technique, try some slap
saves, observe danger/no danger, rinse, repeat to get a nice sample. do the
same without using the technique to get a baseline)
worst case I have a machine going in my unfinished basement room (cement
floor) in ~6 months so i'll test it then.