[FSPA] Fairfax Pinball Reminder

Paul Liam McGlone dwifairfaxatty at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 12:11:14 EDT 2018

Hello, Ethan,

It would be hard to describe the full “Modified Herb” format in a quick answer, but I’ll try:

First, there is nothing new, original or confusing about this Herb format.  It is familiar to many of us but not to those who haven’t played.
The qualifying format is very close to MagFest but now you pay by the game.

Registration is Here. <https://pinholicsanonymous.com/home/fairfax-pinball-open/fairfax-pinball-open-tourney/>

“Game Entries” (the term Kevin uses below) will cost about $2.50/game, with .50 going to coin drop and the rest to tourney prizes and stuff.

You would need to play at least 5 games to have a full set, but that full set is dynamic and games will fall off your set whenever a new one climbs over your 5th game.    Whether classics or main, you need to accumulate points in a max of 5 (out of 10) games.   FWIW, this “full set” of 5 games equates generally to what we used to call an “Entry” back in the PAPA scoring days.

Free “game entries” are one game each, whether included in pre-registration or volunteer work.   Registration gets you 2 games paid.

In sum, play 5 games and check your standings along the way.  Then, each additional game is a sniper attempt, trying to get higher on one of the games or trying to get a better result on one of the alternate games.

Pump and Dump.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

PMc