[FSPA] VBH Doubles League--Returning Apr 24

Joe Kosack kosacks at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:57:43 EDT 2019

So, it is looking highly likely that VBH will be closing its doors at its current location in the near future.  That means that our regularly scheduled Summer season (and probably Fall and Spring seasons) are in doubt as we await their new location to be up and running.

However, we are going to send out the current VBH in style!  Starting April 24, we will have a short 4-5 week season reprising our doubles format that hasn't been used in probably 10 years.  More details and signups will be coming out in the next few days, but here are the highlights:

1)  No partnering up of A division players.  The hope is to have each partnership be as balanced as possible.

2)  We will have two regular format weeks and two split flipper weeks.  During regular weeks, each player will play their own game, with Pinburgh type scoring, 3-2-1-0.  The team with the most total machine score will earn a bonus point per game.  For split flipper weeks, each partnership will play a game with player A on left flipper and B on right flipper, and a second game at the same time with player B on left flipper and player A on right flipper.  Same scoring applies.  One additional bonus point goes to the partnership with the most league points in the match.

3) Top two partnerships will make finals.  Depending on time constraints, finals may be immediately played following the finish of play for week 4 on May 15.  Finals will be two regular games, two split flipper games, and the final game chosen by the top seed.

4)  I'm not sure if we will collect dues for this short season.  If we do, it will be something nominal like 10 bucks a partnership.  This is meant to be fun, not high competition.

5)  No WPPR points will be offered for this event, nor will this season contribute towards FSPA giveaway entries, end of season party entry, etc...

Hope that you all, including some of our past players, can make it for one last blowout!

Joe K.