[FSPA] VUK Spring 2019 Results

Max Baskin chaosrunner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:41:28 EDT 2019

It was a hard fought battle, but in the end, three reached the pinnacle of
their divisions.

In A division, returning FSPA member and semi-celebrity author Adam Ruben
fought hard all season long, only to ultimately meet disappointment. His
place was set in stone before the final game began and even his 4 point
finish was unable to to pull him out of third. Julie Schober and Elliott
Keith were in a "best score takes the title" situation and in the end the
best man...was the best woman. Julie took down all comers, defeating the
2018 MD State Champion for first place in A.

B division had the only case where a finalist was unable to make it. First
seed Tom Feick Jr had prior commitments, leaving the path open for fourth
seed, Alex Jeffrey. Well, needless to say, Alex took that ball and ran with
it, leaving his opponents gasping for air. Battling it out for second,
league commissioner Max Baskin's pick of Hot Tip for the final game allowed
him to finish over Douglas J Malcolm, the man who helps keep the games at
VUK and MOM's running.

Finally, C division saw a struggle between the omnipresent Rob Thomas, the
frequently found Audrey Bonsignore, and Peter "Max couldn't think of
anything melodramatic to call him" Schiff. Everything played out as the
seeding predicted, with Rob taking first, Audrey second, and Peter
finishing first in our hearts, but last in the division finals.

Prizes were awarded (except for the caps donated by Tim "Premier
Amusements" Peterson, which the league commish forgot at his house like a
dumbass and will be distributed soon) and with the exception of looking
into trophy details for someone, everything was settled and handed over to
the Summer 2019 commissioner, Alex Jeffrey.

I want to thank all of the players and Scott Nash, owner of VUK, for making
another great season at VUK possible. I'm taking a hiatus for the summer,
but will be back for the Fall season. Until then!

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>