[FSPA] High Score Tracker for Carpool (iScored)

Dan Reynolds daniel.j.reynolds at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 04:47:40 EST 2019

Hey everyone -- a lot of you already know this, but I run a web app called
iScored, for tracking high scores in your gameroom or bar or whatever.
It's just a fancy digital version of the ol' whiteboard people sometimes
use.

Just for fun, I set one up for Carpool.  Please check it out!

https://www.iScored.info?mode=public&user=Carpool

Obviously, that's the "read only" version -- you can't enter scores
yourself, at least for the moment.  The regular version lets you enter
scores (and it works with either a touchscreen, phone, or mouse/keyboard)

The app will take an unlimited number of scores per game -- each column
scrolls down as far as it needs to.  So it's not just for the 5 or 10 or 20
best players that can enter a score -- anyone can record any score they're
proud of.  (Also, it only records one score per player -- it wouldn't be
any fun if the top 25 slots on every game were AKM.  :)  )

The idea is that it's just a casual, informal way for people to track and
compare their person best scores, if they want to.  It's not meant as any
kind of official ranking, or comprehensive list of the best scores ever, or
anything like that.  Most people who play pinball are never going to make
the top 5 on a machine, and therefore aren't ever going to get to enter
their initials and have a score recorded either for bragging or personal
achievement purposes.

I filled in a few scores so you all can see what it looks like.  I did this
by scraping the current high score lists of the games themselves, and then
i also entered some of the better scores from Tuesday's Week 1.  So they're
obviously not anyone's "best ever" yet.  just kind of a "demo" sampling.

If anyone wants a score included, send me an email  (  pezpunk at iscored.info
) or tap me on the shoulder at Carpool or whatever.  Same goes if you want
your name removed, of course!

If response is positive, I figure i can give write access to the league
officers (or even the bartenders at carpool if they're willing), and they
can enter a score for anyone who wants their score memorialized.  entering
a score through a phone takes like 10 seconds.  Heck, maybeeeee Carpool
could even display this on one of their many screens, instead of that
screensaver that advertises events that i don't think even happen (do they
REALLY have a Game of Thrones viewing party every Friday?)  Seems to me
like a colorful, scrolling billboard of high scores might encourage casuals
to play more pinball, and ask what the deal is with competitive pinball and
so on.

-Dan