[FSPA] Buying tickets for Pinburgh - Urgent

Deb Kapke alightningbug at me.com
Mon Feb 25 11:22:21 EST 2019

VIP probably feels even more skewed to groups by sheer reason that there were so few tickets.

Way suckier odds of getting in! Let’s say only 1 in 50 site visitors got to purchase VIP tickets. (I’m making up the odds, I don’t really know. Never tell me the odds! But play along with me anyway.)

5 people trying for a group of 5 tickets.

5 individuals trying for 1 ticket.

Group purchasers would have had a 5 in 50 (1 in 10) chance.

Single purchases had a 1 in 50 chance.

There were only 50 tickets available. So by these odds alone and ZERO priority given to groups by ShowClix, there might have been one individual who purchased a single VIP ticket. Plus 10 groups of 4 or 5 people who quickly snapped up the tickets. And said, “YES!”

If the odds were worse than 1 in 50 of getting through then there’s a good chance no single-purchase visitors got through. 1 in 100 chance? Sorry, dude. Only 50 tickets.

I could be wrong though. If there is priority given to group blocks, I would be curious to hear.

Sent from my iPhone