[FSPA] Heads up on Week 0 at VÜK

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 12:39:47 EST 2019

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that all FSPA leagues follow a local large entity (usually a college/university) for mandatory weather closures... in other words, if that college is closed due to weather on league night, our league is automatically closed also. This policy keeps us out of the weather forecasting/street monitoring business, and also makes announcements easier, since local news sources like WTOP report on college closings frequently; not so much on FSPA closings. ;) VÜK follows American University.  (Each league’s page on fspazone.org tells you what entity that league follows.)

Of course, we also try to post the latest info on this mailing list, on fspazone.org, etc.

And for week 0, yeah, no big deal either way. Looking ahead, long range forecast is predicting big snow next weekend too, so things could get interesting then, but we’ll burn that bridge when we get to it...

Stay safe and have fun, everyone!

--Joe