[FSPA] VBH Call For Players--Spring 2019 Edition (Possibly the last one at the current location?)

Joe Kosack kosacks at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:23:42 EST 2019

Hello everyone, as snow comes bearing down on us once again, it is time to polish the silver balls and get ready for an exciting Winter/Spring 2019 season at Volleyball House!

1)  The sign up list is here:  http://fspa.league.papa.org/eventRegistration/57

2)  It is very possible that this will be the last season at the current location for Volleyball House. There is a distinct possibility that the Volleyball House site will be turned into apartments (like the ugly ones that were built right next to Volleyball House.)  It is also equally likely that the deal will fall through and we'll stay at the current location a little longer.  All we can do is stay tuned.  Who knows, there is a possibility that VBH will move back to the original location, which would bring this league around full circle.

3)  Week 0 is Jan 23.  I personally will not be there, but Jake and Wulf will take good care of you.  😊 We currently have no break weeks planned, so Week 1 is Jan 30 and Playoffs are Apr 10.

4)  Inclement Weather Policy

League play will be canceled if inclement weather causes the University of Maryland, University College, College Park Campus<http://www.umuc.edu/weather/> to be closed. If UMUC College Park does not close during inclement weather, the league SLO may still declare “Liberal Leave” which provides for post-play of games by players who do not attend league. If Liberal Leave is declared, it will be announced here on the FSPA web site and on the FSPA mailing list.

If the weather is bad, you may want to call VBH to make sure they’re open as there is the possibility of the University being open but VBH being closed or closing early.

In any event, if you feel it is unsafe for you to travel, you should stay at home. That’s why we have preplay scores….

5)  Sign up early, but please don't sign up often.  It messes with the system.  😊

Joe K.