[FSPA] Replay check list

Joe Kosack kosacks at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:37:42 EDT 2019

With tilts, they are going to give you a reasonable amount of time.  1-3 minutes is usually reasonable.  Also, try and see if you can spot the tilt bob swinging by trying to look through the gap between the cabinet and the playfield.  Sometimes you can see it swinging and have a better idea.

Another piece of advice, make sure that in between rounds you do whatever you need to do to get away from the stress of competition.  For me this is usually heading to the console lounge or arcade area and playing a game that I know forwards, backwards, and sideways.

You will have some games that seem ridiculous.  I remember winning a game of Party Zone with lightning flippers last year by draining fast enough to get a second crack at a skill shot.  The games are set up to avoid as much as possible the problem of games taking too long and jamming up the works.  Especially now with 1000 players, expect things to be a lil different than playing in league.  Also, make sure to look over the machine before actually playing it.  Identify what shots are being protected with bayonets, and which ones are wide open to get the points you need.

With respect to "Tilt Ends Game," this feature is always clearly marked on the backbox.  This is normally found on wedgehead Gottlieb electromechanical machines such as 2001 and Target Pool.

Also don't rage tilt like this guy:  https://youtu.be/D9Zn3PyOsrU?t=373

Joe K.