[FSPA] Ocelot Brewing Inaugural Pinball Tournament August 24 in Dulles VA!

Matt Wycoff mwycoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 09:07:09 EDT 2019

Hello FSPA'ers!

  Virginia has a fantastic new pinball and arcade destination, at Ocelot
Brewing Company in Dulles, VA!  Over the past two months, Chris Chatman and
I have been working jointly with the wonderful people at Ocelot to setup a
dedicated pinball and arcade space.  Currently home to 10 pinball machines
(including new games like Jersey Jack's latest Willy Wonka, and American
Pinball's Oktoberfest) as well as 5 dedicated arcades, with plans to add
more in the very near future!

  Ocelot has a fantastic beer selection, and partners with various local
food trucks on the weekend.  You can check the schedule of food trucks and
other events on their website: http://www.ocelotbrewing.com/#events
 Located on the West side of Dulles Airport just off Old Ox Road (606) near
Loudoun County Parkway, Route 50, and the Dulles Toll Road.

  On August 24th we're kicking things off with an Inaugural Pinball
Tournament, structured to be competitive and rewarding for seasoned players
but also welcoming to those new to competitive pinball.  Here are the
details, we hope to see you there!

   - August 24th at 1pm (Practice Starts at 11am)
   - $10 Entry Fee (Free to ALL New/Unranked Players), so bring your family
   and friends!
   - Cash Prizes to the top four finishers, and other prizes as well!

23600 Overland Drive #180
Dulles, VA 20166

This will be an IFPA tournament (WPPR's), with 4 player matches, using the
swiss pairing method (random pairings and random machine).  We will use
match play with fair strikeout method, no finals, 6 strikes.

*Current games include:*
Pinball - Oktoberfest, Guardians of the Galaxy, Willy Wonka, Ghostbusters,
Star Wars, South Park, Super Mario Bros, Strikes N Spares, Paragon, Eight
Ball Deluxe

Arcades - Galaga & Ms. Pac, Golden Tee Live 2019, Street Fighter II
CE, Q-Bert, and Area-51

Chris and I hope to see you there!  Any questions please let us know off
list novapinball at gmail.com

Chris/Matt