[FSPA] FSPA: CarPool Results for 03/12/2019 (Meet #6)

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Sat Mar 16 20:47:02 EDT 2019

CJ wrote...

> There are 2 players in A div with a 10.75 ladder and 1 player in B division with a 10.75 ladder.  Is this some weird edge case?
>
> I've never seen anything like that before.

Three (or more) way ties in Div Avg Ladder are uncommon but not rare.  And of course there's a rule dealing with it, 8.1:

> Division qualification is determined by each player’s average ladder rank over the season. Ties in qualification are resolved by applying these tiebreakers, in order, until the tie is resolved: head-to-head results between tied players (winner goes to higher division), total league points between tied players (higher points goes to higher division), final ladder order (ladder order closest to 1 goes to higher division).

In this case, there's no useful head-to-head data (Eric v. Rich is tied, Eric v. Jonathan haven't played) so the total league point tiebreaker is next to process... Eric had the fewest league points of the tied players, so he went to the lower division.  For now.  Of course division assignments don't lock in until the end of meet 8, so for now it's just a fly-by curiosity.

--Joe