[FSPA] Save the Date: VBH-AFSP Charity Match Play Tournament-May 11

Joe Kosack kosacks at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:09:02 EDT 2019

Hey there everyone. Save the date for Saturday, May 11 for my new charity tournament at VBH in Elkridge, MD (and possibly the last tournament at the current form of VBH.)

Format will be match play followed by PAPA style rounds to get to final four. The finals will be a standard FSPA style four player final. All scoring will be FSPA type scoring, so point stealing is in!

I've figured out how to scale this tournament a bit, but we will follow Gregg Giblin's tournament format for the match play portion. If there are more than 28 players, we will split the field into two groups with the top X number of players seeded to try and prevent overloading of one group over the other. Match play portion will be 7 different games, with the hope of not having to play the same person twice.

Much more information will be posted on the event page over the next few weeks as I write up the official rules and have signups. Cost will be $20, with half going to the prize pool and the other half going to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention chapters in Ohio and Maryland.

Facebook event page at:  https://www.facebook.com/events/863316567332961/

Joe K.