[FSPA] Party roundup & machine giveaway winner!

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Mon Sep 16 02:14:59 EDT 2019

Hi folks...

Thanks to everyone who made it out to this weekend's end-of-Summer FSPA party!  Hope y'all had a great time.

Congratulations to Brian Galletta, who won a Bally Supersonic with his drawing ticket from playing in the VÜK Fall 2018 season!  This is the 18th pinball machine that the FSPA has given away, and we're not quitting now.  Playing a complete season in any FSPA league for the Fall 2019, Spring 2020, or Summer 2020 seasons will earn you a drawing ticket for our next machine giveaway around September 2020.  (Machine title TBA.)  Doesn't matter how well you do in league: play a full season, get a drawing ticket.  Want better chances?  Play several of our leagues and play all three seasons... each league season gets you another drawing ticket!  It's still not too late to join any of our leagues for the Fall season.

Congratulations to Rob Winter-Cox, who won the infamous "How Dost Thou Operate The Pin And Ball Machine Whilst Wearing Gentleman’s Sport Gloves?" contest (later subtitled "Shadow Boxing") by scoring over 500 million points on The Shadow... while wearing boxing gloves.  Crazy.  And congratulations to Julie Schober, who won the Oktoberfest One-Handed Mode contest, scoring 727,470 points using only the buttons on the right side of the machine.  Julie won a copy of the "Pinball 102" DVD and a "Pinball Wizard" street sign for her effort, while Rob won a copy of the "Pinball 101" DVD.

Finally, I'm a numbers nerd so I collect the play counts on every machine at the party... or almost every machine, as a few of them did not have play count data available for various reasons.  Here's the summary:

Game
Total plays
Cashball
 (!!!) 516
Oktoberfest
112
Attack From Mars
91
Creature from the Black Lagoon
85
Alien (2)
84
Star Trek
84
Road Show
77
Safecracker
74
Simpsons Pinball Party
69
Whitewater
66
Shadow
62
Lord of the Rings
58
Supersonic
58
World Poker Tour
57
Monopoly
56
Twilight Zone
56
Spiderman
55
Whirlwind
53
Nine Ball
48
Star Wars Episode I
37
Cosmic Gunfight
30
Cirqus Voltaire
n/a
Sing Along
n/a
Star Pool
n/a

That's over 1,828 games played at the party, or about 3 games per minute, every minute, for the 10 hour party.  Not bad...

Good luck and have fun in the Fall season!

--Joe