[FSPA] Carpool Tuesday league postponed for two weeks

The Bob worktheweb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:02:58 EDT 2020

I didn't want to have to write this email but circumstances being what they
are I think it's a prudent move.  I'm not happy about this but I also don't
want to unnecessarily put anyone at risk. We'll adopt this tentative
schedule but play things by ear as the situation changes.  Possible
solutions include liberal leave which you can read about in the full FSPA
rules.  I don't want to cancel the season because that's not how I roll.

School systems around us are closing for weeks at a time (except FCPS which
I imagine will follow suit shortly), businesses and government agencies are
cancelling travel and limiting meetings, etc.  Disney closed their theme
parks FFS!  We have 50 people in league which is approaching the threshold
of a large group.  Combine that with general bar patrons and you definitely
have a large group.

The current Carpool schedule is available online here:
http://fspazone.org/carpool-fairfax/
Tentative updated schedule would be as follows:

Week 8:  4/7
Week 9:  4/14
Week 10: 4/21
Playoffs:  4/28

I had initially avoided scheduling anything during the week of 4/7 due to
FCPS Spring Break but I think that concern is out the window at this point.
:)  I'll be at Carpool Tuesday for a while anyway to inform any
stragglers.  I'm not going to hang a sign on the door because I also don't
want to negatively affect their bottom line.  Last night the place was
hopping which is good for them.

Heavy sigh,
Bob J.