[FSPA] Scott Sidley

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 00:08:43 EDT 2020

I am heartbroken to say that Scott Sidley has passed away.  As most of you know, he's been battling cancer for a couple years.  Things were improving for awhile, until they weren't.

For me, Scott isn't just a guy at pinball... we've been friends for almost 35 years.  He was incredibly intelligent, creative, and generous with his time and talents.  I have so many great memories with him... creating projects, playing games, roller coaster madness, so much more.  Despite his gruff exterior sometimes, he could be very caring and supportive.

For our pinball community, Scott has been involved with the FSPA more than anyone since its beginning.  He has done everything from helping run several of our leagues, managing scorekeeping, fixing machines everywhere, and on and on.  He could always be counted on to help tune up games for parties and tournaments, and on the day of an event, he would often be the first person there, helping to set things up, and the last one to leave, cleaning everything.  And I don't think anyone will know how to put quarters into the games correctly without Scott around.

I love Scott dearly, and already miss him very, very much.

Please, y'all stay safe and healthy.

--Joe