[FSPA] Scott Sidley

Joe Kosack kosacks at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 5 06:45:14 EDT 2020

This really sucks.

I remember meeting Scott for the first time in September 2008 as a wide eyed newbie who had just found out that there was competitive pinball not only in the world, but 20 minutes from my house.  Scott took it upon himself to be the unofficial VBH welcome ambassador and showed me, Lee, and Jude the ropes that night and made me feel right at home.

When I eventually started to help run VBH league and then fully run it, I could always count on Scott to provide helpful advice, encouragement when I was down, and a little special Sottitude when I was smelling myself too much.  I literally could not have been successful without Scott by my side.  Hell, I couldn’t have ever tuna tournament without him.

At major events, Scott was always a major cheerleader when one of our players or alumni were doing well.  When I made my only run in the Pinburgh A finals in 2015, Scott was there asking if he could get me anything to eat or drink to keep me focused on the task at hand.

Right now, I feel the same as when Scott wasn’t there for our last season of VBH and a lot of us didn’t know what was going on yet, and that is lost.  For those of us who played with Scott, he was a constant in our league lives.  From Scott informing us that we’re putting the quarters in wrong to telling us that he sucked after playing a twenty minute ball, Scott could always be counted on.  Scott will be missed terribly my all of us, and league pinball for me won’t be the same without him.

Joe K

Sent from my iPhone