[FSPA] Scott Sidley

Roland Joyal joyalrj at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 12:44:08 EDT 2020

My Mother passed away last week, so this sad news comes on the tail of that.  I have known Scott from the start of FSPA, or at least close to it, as I believe it was maybe the second season at NOVA community college. I always called Scott my "nemesis" and it was a joke between us from that season. Despite the stats people telling me I was way ahead in the league that season (I was very competitive back then), nevertheless, I know pinball is, well, pinball, part skill, part luck, so I never am confident when it comes to this game, especially when everything rests on just a few games.  I believe Scott was in third place (maybe Paul M was second, idk, so long ago)  but then the finals came and BAMM! ...I had lots of quick major drains, and Scott took the 1st place title.  So picture Sheldon on the show Big Bang Theory screaming "Wheatooooooon!!!!!" (Sheldon's nemesis on the show was actor Wil Wheaton). That was my first and best memory of Scott, and I had joked with him about that for a loooong time.  My most recent interaction of him was when he came over a few years ago to borrow my bill validator updating tool.
And a memory of his volunteering for pinball repairs was when I looked at a pinball to buy for my business, an old Eight Ball, and the people told me a guy named Scott installed the replacement motherboard for only the cost of the part   I KNEW it had to be our Scott.  While I have done my share of free work for pinball people, the difference in this is that these people who owned this game were complete strangers, so he basically donated his time for free!  Good job Scott, you are always the winner no matter what your score.
-Roland
.
-----Original Message-----From: Joe Schober via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>