[FSPA] Scott Sidley

Matt Wycoff mwycoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:03:55 EDT 2020

I guess this is overdue.. Man.. I argued with Scott any chance I could get
when we first met.. something like 6-7 years ago.. him and his big
soldering iron.. he knew everything.

One time I put out a call for help to the list, and he unexpectedly offered
to come over after work.. something like “Hey, I’ve got a clean rom sitting
in the burner at work.. I’ll be over after 6 send me your address.”

The guy that came over, was not the Scott I thought I knew.. he was
extremely nice and engaging with my kids, very respectful to my wife..

We tooled around on games, shared dinner.. and since that point I realized,
he just wanted to be appreciated and acknowledged for his efforts.

He became a fixture for the home league I started, as many have said, first
to show up and help setup, last to leave still cleaning up.  He was at
every home league hosts house hours early.

As others have mentioned, he was the first to jump in and fix an issue at
tournaments I ran taking a huge load off.. and I’ll be damned if anyone
ever mentioned his bay watch or dr who was dark.. nobody hated LEDs more
than he did.. (Sorry Scott I put LEDs in your Dr who).. you know the one
from red zone.

The Scott I knew for the last few years, seriously was the nicest dude you
ever knew.  He would bust other people’s chops like when I first met him,
and turn to me and kind of smile and wink.. like a test to see if you were
worth his friendship..

 He came to everything, in pain, with cancer, wearing a mask before all of
us needed to.. and I’m sure as heck coming to his service.

I would encourage all of you to think of that as you consider coming
tomorrow, sit in your car in the parking lot if you have to and stream it..
but come early, and be the last to leave.

-Matt