[FSPA] Lost Rhino league results and next season details

Bryan H bghenson23 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:48:58 EST 2021

On Wednesday 12/9, we held our playoffs for the Lost Rhino Fall 2021
season.  Thanks again to all the folks who played this season!

Next season starts with* week 0 on January 26th*. Please register (this is
super helpful for week 1 !!!!) with this link:
http://fspa.league.papa.org/eventRegistration/98

In between the start of the new year and week zero we are going to run
tournaments on Wednesday nights from 7 to 9pm.  For the first* tournament
(a flip frenzy), Jan 5th, 2022, there is NO entry free and there will be
prizes* (translite, gift card and maybe some money).  So please do come out
and invite your friends.

*In the B division*, we had 3 competitors relatively new to pinball.  Nik
(the 1 seed) and Jonathan (the 3 seed) had been brought to the league this
season by their friend Alan...and it seems to have stuck.  Both of them
recently played in local tournaments and qualified in their first season
for playoffs.  That's a big deal right there!  Also note, their friend
Brian (who has been guesting frequently), just bought his first game.  So
the pinball gods have solidly grabbed ahold of this group of friends.
Their competitor in the B division playoffs is Jeff, my coworker, who
joined in the summer season (and snuck into the last season's playoffs
because of an absence by one of our Vigil family competitors).

The match started on Guardians of the Galaxy (GotG) which Jeff chose for
the group game.  A close and low scoring game that resulted in jokes about
how quickly the playoffs would be over, Nik won, Jonathan came in 2nd and
Jeff lost - on his picked game of course.  Jeff and Jonathan played on
Black Rose with Jeff coming away with the victory in the head to head
matchup.  Nik crushed Jonathan on Mando to steal a point in their head to
head.  Nik also won his head to head match with Jeff on Attack from Mars to
seal his playoff victory.  A final game of Black Rose intended to settle
2nd and 3rd place led to a tie of match points, so Jeff came away with the
win based on the tiebreaker head to head match victory.

Final results:
1st - Nik (10)
2nd - Jeff (7)
3rd - Jonathan (7)

Cash was paid out, prizes were selected and everyone went home happy!

*A division finals* featured 3 seasoned (experienced? veteran? ... I'm not
trying to call anyone old...where are my words?) competitors in a rematch
of week 10's pairing.  Eric (2 seed) picked Monster Bash to start the
action and it seemed like everyone was struggling out of the gate.  I
believe Rob yelled out 'check out these A division scores!' to highlight
our less than 5m ball ones.  Not pretty.  After his ball 3, Rob had put up
a solid 61m, while Bryan and Eric were staring at little progress and the
prospect of playoff hopes and dreams fizzling.  Bryan* wrestled with the
game getting the early ball save and struggling to hit shots - then
something clicked and he collected monsters left and right and slid into
Monster Bash multiball to wind up with 130m. Eric didn't recover and had
his point stolen on the game he picked.  The curse of the game picks
strikes again. The 2nd match of the night featured Mandalorian** - Eric
struggled and Rob prevailed with a 3.  Rob and Bryan then played Black
Rose.  Bryan sank many ships (send them to Davy Jones!) and played many
multiballs and stole a point to take a commanding lead in the overall
match.  Eric and Bryan then played Mandalorian for their head to head and
Bryan flew the Razor Crest to victory with another 4.  The final game was
chosen as NBA FB.  Bryan stole another point from Eric by winning a
championship ring, leaving us with the final result of:

1st - Bryan (16)
2nd - Rob (7)
3rd - Eric (1)

Prizes were picked, money paid out and a picture was taken!  Thanks Edan
for your help.  And special thanks to Eric and Rob for helping run the
league all season.

IFPA submission has been submitted and dollar fees remitted.

Sincerely,
Bryan

-------------------------------

*Scores*
*B Division:*
GotG
Jeff - 22,083,860
Nik - 22,545,330
Jonathan - 45,941,420

Black Rose:
Jeff - 3,549.750
Jonathan - 2,220,990

Mando
Nik - 39,541,740
Jonathan - 4,531,050

AFM:
Nik - 769,666,220
Jeff - 279,019,170

Black Rose:
Nik - 5,167,860
Jeff - 9,404,280
Jonathan -  5,254,040

*A Division Scores:*
Eric - 8,279,410
Bryan - 133,755,940
Rob - 61,639,120

Mando
Eric - 82,857,290
Rob - 210,238,010

Black Rose
Bryan - 513,374,710
Rob - 15,954,130

Mando
Bryan - 439,162,270
Eric - 72,295,330

NBA
Bryan - 220
Eric - 41
Rob - 108

Are you really still reading this?  You must be pinball obsessed.  :)

* I only write this in 3rd person because it seems like a better read that
way.  I hope this amuses you all.
** new code that was just released was NOT installed