[FSPA] FSPA MOM’s league results!

Rob Wintler-Cox rwintlercox at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:23:21 EST 2021

On December 8th, the MOM's league held our playoffs. Many entered, few won.

A Division
#1 - Dave Hubbard - 18 pts
#2 - Joe Kosack - 13 pts
#3 - Tim Peterson - 6 pts
#4 - Francis Parks - 3 pts
The scores on the first game of Metallica foretold the final outcome. Dave
came in swinging and just punched harder as the night went on, winning all
his matches handily. Joe followed by losing only the one head to head match
against Dave on a hard-fought game of Godzilla. Tim beat Francis on Monster
Bash. And Francis had a good time playing pinball. ^_^ They ended with a
lengthy game of Avengers that went way past closing time.

B Division
#1 - John Locke - 13 pts
#2 - Roy DeJarnette - 10 pts
#3 - Rob Thomas - 9 pts
#4 - Zach Jones - 8 pts
Starting on Batman 66, Roy got eaten by a giant clam, followed by Zach
proving he was the better kaiju on Godzilla... then Roy rallied and won the
remaining games. Rob and Zach traded wins and loses, but John Locke was
there beating almost everypony who got in his way... faltering only when
Roy thwipped past him on Spider-man. By the time they got to the final game
of Flash Gordon, John had it almost all sewn up... so even when Flash
Gordon decided to be Flash Gordon to John, he was able to take home the
coveted Godzilla pinball trophy.

C Division
#1- Steve Estes - 15 pts
#2 - Audrey Bonsignore - 9 pts
#3 - Jimmy Barcus - 8 pts (HTH)
#4 - Eric Van Dyke - 8 pts
Over in C, Steve must have looked at Dave in A and said, "I'll have what
he's having, please." He started crushing early and did not stop until he
finished third on the last game. Audrey, Jimmy, and Eric all connected in
the head-to-head matches with a solid game apiece, but coming into the
final round on Argosy Steve had an insurmountable 13 points and the others
6 each.

And that's the way it crumbled, cookie-wise. It was a fun season with some
epic gameplay, and if you come back in January we're going to do it again!
See you then!

Rob