[FSPA] LOST RHINO FSPA League STARTS WEDNESDAY!!

Roland Joyal joyalrj at aol.com
Tue Jun 1 21:38:02 EDT 2021

This week's HUMP day starts out June the right way ...sadly without a hump-day camel ...but with the FSPA Silverball Sanctum pinball league ready to go THIS Wednesday, June 2, at 7:30PM @ Lost Rhino Brewery in Ashburn, VA.  You got your non-pinball fun out of the way this past holiday weekend, now get your PINBALL on!  Lost Rhino is the original area brewery with lots of pinball games and they have GREAT bar food to enjoy, including my favorites the French Bread Pizza, Rueben Sandwich, and the large fresh Pretzel with dipping sauce ...and of course great, non-alcoholic on-site-brewed root beer, and micro brews for the beer coinsurers.  Registration link is: http://fspa.league.papa.org/eventRegistration/87  Some additional info from me, in addition to what Bryan already touched on in his note, is below:
Week "0" this Wed is a great casual way to check it out if you are new to league play, meet the guys & gals in the pinhead community, and play some pinball ...as the scores do not count this week.  Silverball Sanctum has a great MIX of very competitive players AND new casual players.  And as most know, because of the league structure and different skill level divisions, it is open to ALL skill levels and is FAMILY-FRIENDLY.  (At least two players will have their pinball-savvy kid's playing so we encourage others to being their own; and while my foster teenager is learning, he is decent for his age and can often be found pointing out the secret ball launch skill shot on games like Attack From Mars, as well as other insights)
Great to have Bryan running the league this year (hats off to Edan who has done a fine job in the past) and, like Edan, Bryan is an amazing player and his high scores can be often be found on the various machine's high game to date ...well ...at least until I reset them ;)  Bryan is a true player and will bring his knowledge of pinball to his new role of running the league.
While Bryan is running the league many of you know me as a 20+ year professional operator of pinball that takes care of buying/maintaining the games for Silverball Sanctum (with a bias towards games league players would like) and I try and maintain them to the standards players are accustomed to from previous years, all the way back to Mighty Mikes FSPA league in Sterling.
As Bryn mentions, 50% of the games are NEW to the league this season PLUS an additional game (Black Rose) that has been barely played in the league (maybe one season or partial season as I recall).  Silverball Sanctum considered league input and they were not keen on Star Wars and Bride of Pinbot ...so those games are gone.  So really there are a LOT of changes, even beyond what you may have played 2 or 3 years ago!
So I feel we will have a great VARIETY of games to enjoy that represent some of the best and most famous games of the era ...from the Limited Edition Remake of 1960's King of Diamonds, to the recognizable true EM game of 1970's, Captain Fantastic, to Bally's "Black Rose" that plays like a late 1980's game, to the most popular pinball machine in history, Adams Family, to the best games of the late 1990's Bally-Williams era, "Attack from Mars" and "Monster Bash", both with the extra-large displays, to the newest Stern title "The Mandalorian" (when it arrives) ...as well as others.
Hope to see familiar faces on Wednesday ...as well as new ones!  If you need to email me off-line my address is JoyalRJ  at the good'ol, trusty but dusty, AOL.

-Roland (Professional Amusements, LLC) www.SilverballSanctum.com  Tel: 1-877-4-PINBALL