[FSPA] Preplays are better

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Wed Jun 30 14:21:01 EDT 2021

I think there is another huge problem being overlooked.... Well, the creation of that problem is being overlooked.  You're right that the ladder doesn't gel well in the minds of many (myself often included) and the one thing that seemingly is repeated over and over here is that groups are never assigned until just before league starts......
...... Except that we get an email that tells us what group we are in next week as soon as the results are posted.

I trust the ladder and I trust that the software is doing is thing so why do the results emails we get try to paint a picture in the hopes of explaining something that, apparently, doesn't at all seem to be the case?  Just don't tell us on advance what our groups are (or are supposed to be) and tell us what groups we are in when we start league play and this "false narrative" eventually disappears.

TLDR: SLOs scream that the groupings don't matter but every week we get emails that paint a picture of how "crucial" the groupings actually are.