[FSPA] Spinners Pinball Arcade Update!

Joe P. Said jsaid12 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:45:26 EDT 2021

Hey everyone!

I wanted to give you guys an update on what's going on at Spinners Pinball
Arcade up in Frederick Maryland.

Due to COVID we temporarily *closed in March* 2020, the day before our
Governor required the closures. We were uncertain what we were going to do
as the nature of our business is social interaction and involves everyone
touching everything! We took our time to evaluate what to do and
prioritized the safety of our families, clients through day programs and
the general visitors over opening prematurely.

We were able to keep busy spreading out all the games and were able to
expand into the Big Room to provide more social distancing. Added the now
standard, cleaning procedures using the product Biocide (thanks Mike
Frasca), added plenty of hand sanitizer stations, mask requirements and
encouraged social distancing. We opened at half capacity in September and
until today we open only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, other than private
appointments.

We're hoping to get our regular weekday hours back online and with the
FSPA's guidance adding league night back and even a Sunday weekly
tournament. One of our league members on the autism spectrum did very well
in our last season and placed in the top of A division!

We were also able to make a game placement with a family in February. Mom
came to us looking to buy a machine for their son with autism. We were
donated one the month before and thought it would be the best use for it.
He plays it everyday and were learning about how pinball can be integrated
into a daily routine. I'm looking forward to furthering develop that
program as COVID settles down.

It looks like we are going to make it and continue to grow our mission to
utilize pinball & other gaming for the social enrichment, skill development
and education of kids and young adults. You can see our current website at:
https://www.spinnerspinball.org/ We will be hosting our YMCA summer camp
starting in June.

You also may not know that we run a monthly raffle for a *NEW Stern Pinball
Machine*. You can support us and get a chance to Win-A-Pin at
www.pinballraflle.org Please share that with your friends and family.

If you want to talk about how you can get involved, please message me off
list at joe at pinball4kids.org or text at 240.301.5336.

Thank you for the opportunity to update you and for your help supporting
our mission.
See you soon!
--
Joe P. Said