[FSPA] World Cup Tournament at MOM's--November 20th at 11AM

Joe Kosack kosacks at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 10:52:18 EDT 2022

Hi everyone!  While some have been clamoring for another Pingolf tournament, I've become more fascinated with football or soccer lately than golf.

So, from Coach K Labs comes our first World Cup Tournament.  This tournament will be Sunday, November 20th at 11AM, which coincides with the actual start of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Pre-Registration is required as the tournament need exactly 32 players.  Maybe in future iterations we'll have qualification rounds just like FIFA, but all you need to qualify is to sign up on November 7th.

The 32 players will be divided into 8 groups of four, and then essentially play a Pinburgh type bank (but with five machines instead of four) with FSPA scoring.  Top two from each group move onto the knockout rounds, with the bottom two go into the consolation knockout, which will be best of three all the way for some prize money.

A-Division knockouts will feature soccer type single elimination matches.  Each player will select two machines, one for each half of play.  All choices will be played.  If the match is tied 2-2, extra time will be played with each player selecting one more machine.  If tied at 3-3, we go to penalty kicks with a random machine and random order.

Detailed rules can be found here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/poxv834n69yikpe/World%20Cup%20Rules%202022.docx?dl=0

For those who are Facebook savvy:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1788252771516911/

Signups will be on November 7th at noon, link to be e-mailed to the list and posted on Facebook.

If you have any questions, put them on Facebook or feel free to e-mail me directly.  And for those wondering, we will not have any fancy Matchplay business here, we're using good old poster board for brackets and results!

Joe K.