[FSPA] MOM's Pinball League Week 0 Tonight!

Rob Wintler-Cox rwintlercox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:37:38 EDT 2023

With the Autumnal Equinox just three days away, that can only mean one
thing! Wait, actually it can mean several things, but one of the things it
can mean is the start of the MOM's Organic Pinball League Fall Season! Week
0, the unscored optional week for getting acquainted and asking the Burning
Questions about Things, is tonight, Sept 20th. Week 1, when competitive
play actually begins, will be next Wednesday, Sept 27th at 7:30PM. We'll
play for the standard 10 weeks, take Thanksgiving week off, with Week 10
being Dec 6th. Finals will be Dec 13th.

This season we are switching things up and using the Drop Two/Regrouping
format, where players can drop their lowest two scores and we will group
players based on who is present when league starts... this means no awkward
one and two player groups, plus the added benefit that we can play any of
the games in the arcade rather than a tightly curated subset. But there is
a price: People need to either show up by 7:15 every week and check in to
be included in the evening's groups, or inform an SLO that they are going
to be late. We're also going to allow up to 5 forfeits in addition to the
weeks that get dropped. This allows you to miss up to three weeks of play
and still be in the league.

We realize that Drop Two isn't a format that appeals to everybody,
especially those of us who don't have bad weeks that they need to drop.
We're looking at a nice proposal to potentially fix this problem, but we're
sticking with the standard methodology for now.

Dues for the season are $40. New and returning (pre-Pandemic) players will
also get a *free* MOM's Pinball t-shirt! Plus there will be exciting secret
prizes provided by mysterious benefactors throughout the season!

If you haven't already registered, do so! Click this link: MOM's Organic
Pinball League Fall Registration
<http://fspa.league.papa.org/eventRegistration/131?source=emailw0>

And before we go, we need to discuss the bash toy on the playfield. There
have been rumors swirling that the MOM's pinball room is going to be
replaced by a pharmacy, urgent care facility, pet cemetery, etc. To the
best of our knowledge at least one of these rumors is true. We don't know
what's going to happen to the pinball room, but at this time we've been
assured by Scott Nash that we are okay for this season. Future seasons are
an unknown at this time... but keep this in mind: We had about five "final
seasons" at VÜK and we would have had more because it stayed around about
three years after it was supposed to be demolished. So who knows.

Regardless, we are ON for this season and we hope to see you tonight or
next week!