[FSPA] Screw sheared in post fix?

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 18:44:15 EDT 2017

+1 for a screw extractor kit.  They are useful to have.

Barring that, if you are VERY careful, you can use metal-boring bits in a
drill to make a hole, then use a flat-head screwdriver of the same size as
the drill bit to wedge in the hole and provide some torque.  Locking pliers
might help here as well to get the screw on its way.

       --- Dave

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:49 PM, russell applebee via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org
> wrote:

> They make kits where you can drill a hole in the screw and then use a
> special bit to remove the broken off screw.  I'm not sure if they make one
> that small, but here is a set on Amazon to get an idea.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Damaged-Extractor-composed-different-Removes/dp/
> B06XSY72PP/ref=sr_1_8?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=
> 1501793307&sr=1-8&keywords=screw+extractor

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."