[FSPA] Mighty Mikes - Tomorrow, Future, Etc?

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Mon Jul 31 11:50:57 EDT 2017

> Check out Mighty Mike's Facebook page.  There has been a discussion
> regarding their sudden closing and it seems like it might have to do
> with the public library next door wanting to expand.  Everyone there is
> very upset but it seems like they are all healthy and ok.

Did the shopping center switch hands / get sold? It's a trend lately where
CRE is flipped and the new owners now need to try to make more money to
cover their higher purchase price, so up goes the rents.

Meanwhile, on the residential side there is less consumer spending because
house purchase prices have been pushed up by people paying huge amounts
for houses and rents are high because the government gives easy loans to
build huge luxury apartment buildings which are being flipped after
construction.

So places like MM get hit both ways -- high rent for their commercial
lease and less customers because people have less for discrestionary
spending.

The only reason this comes to mind is on Facebook the sudden change from
we're good to we're closing. There must of been some sort of out in the
lease or it was renewal time and negotiations failed for renewall.

tl;dr: The rent is too damn high

--
Ethan O'Toole