[FSPA] VBH Preplays for Steve J

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Wed Nov 15 17:01:15 EST 2017

Joe K wrote...

> The rules state that "At least one other player must participate in the preplay."  As it is a one player game, one could make the argument that watching and verifying could be classified as participating.  It's something that should be discussed with the execs in the off season to clarify in the rules.

I'd agree with JoeK.  There are two primary purposes for the requirement of pre-playing with someone else: 1) Replicating league conditions as closely as practicable, as far as having to alternate turns, being at risk of lock stealing or jackpot stealing, etc.  None of those are factors with a 1-player game like Aquarius.  2) Having a verifier present to help keep things honest ... that can still happen even if the other person(s) doesn't choose to play a game before or after your preplay.

--Joe