[FSPA] Preplays VUK

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:56:03 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Joe Schober via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
wrote:

> For after-league play (whether preplays or just for fun), there's no
> specific rule, but the Golden Rule is always a good guide... check to see
> if any groups still need to play the game you're about to start.  I'd be
> somewhat reluctant to add a rule that blocks all preplays just because one
> group is having an epic game 4, but we can take that under consideration
> per Dave's request.
>
> --Joe

Nah, no reason to do that.  It's too draconian.

There does need to be a better way to know if any groups have a given
machine left to play or not.  Not-well-thought-out suggestion:  Small
stickers that can be attached to the lockdown bar with group numbers on
them.  When you're done, peel off your group number.  If there is a group
number still on the machine, it's not available for preplays.  This also
has a side benefit of knowing if there's a group ahead of you on a given
machine.  This falls apart of course if people forget to remove the
stickers :)

      --- Dave

--
"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."