[FSPA] Preplays and malfunctions

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:24:07 EDT 2017

Probably not.  Preplays are meant to simulate "as close as possible" live
league play, but as you noted, machine conditions can change.  It's SLO
discretion.

If this were me, I would have DQ'd the game if many others were available.
No reason to play a game borked that badly if you have other options.

         --- Dave

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Steve Peck via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
wrote:

> Is there any rule about preplays when the machine condition is different
> in a way that significantly impacts scoring?
>
> Several seasons ago I had to play against an alien poker preplay of over 1
> mil, but during my game the queen drop wouldn't fall making that score
> basically impossible and punishing the players w/o actually showed up since
> the preplay was done when it was fully functional

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."