[FSPA] Preplays and malfunctions

Steve K flynnibus at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 13:09:18 EDT 2017

Rulings should be consistent with league play.  Something not scoring would not under most circumstances lead to any sort of additional compensation- at worst the game would be dq'd if the issue was significant enough to make the game not worthy of play.  And a game that was not available for preplay (due to machine condition or availability) is not a justification to not play the game on league night.  So even if you dq'd the game during your preplay... you don't really gain because you now have no score... (which could impact group movement... but you want those season points).

Conversely, league night conditions don't weigh what conditions were at another time.  The game is evaluated based on that match and future matches that will be impacted.

This falls under the principle of trying to encourage live play.  Sometimes the needle swings one way or another...

You find that savvy players will strategically decide when to create their undated preplay based on game conditions.  If games are playing like junk... don't bank scores until they are tuned up.

-Stev