[FSPA] CarPool playoff info for 8/14/18

The Bob worktheweb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:34:51 EDT 2018

Perhaps we should take an informal poll at the start of things tonight
after an explanation of why a change is being considered.  As CJ pointed
out, the 4th & 5th place players in each group have a lot of down time
after the semifinal round. Losing sucks, losing then being reminded of it
for an extended period of time while you wait for the top 3 to finish sucks
more.  But as Steve Ritchie says, "Play Better!".  Also the thing to
consider is you qualified for the playoffs.  Half the league didn't.

Personally I like the idea of doing prizes during league night just because
you capture the experience in one fell swoop.  Coming back in 3 weeks to
pick your prize(s) doesn't feel quite as rewarding to me.  That said I
realize that people might have to get up earlier than me. :)

We'll see what the group consensus is.

Bob