[FSPA] CarPool playoff info for 8/14/18

CJ Brown christopher.j.brown at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:28:06 EDT 2018

I'm interested to see how tonight goes.  Yesterday I had two main concerns.

1) The 4th and 5th place players have to wait around until last pick at the
prize pool.  That sucks and is not fun.  They will probably have to wait 2
hours to get their prize.

2)   How late the night goes.   I don't think a most people will care, but
some league players might have very long and tired drives home after
midnight+.  Everyone has crazy different schedules.  I know a ton of guys
at carpool are up all hours and its not an issue for them.

Having been prize czar and stayed to the very end of the night, I think
that 25 players will take at least an hour after all finals have finished
to pick out prizes.

There are many solutions.  As Steve and Deb said, don't do prizes the same
night.  Have the playoffs at a different time/day.   Change the number of
people getting into finals.  (As I said, someone already submitted multiple
alternatives)

 All these options could be at SLO preference.  Nothing will change
tonight.  I just thought it was important to bring up for consideration to
the people that write the legitimate FSPA rulebook considering the number
of people we have playing tonight.

By all means if I am in the minority, continue on! :)