[FSPA] FSPA: VÜK Results for 02/04/2018 (Meet #2)

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:28:26 EST 2018

It's actually weirder than effective points.  Doru dropping doesn't affect
anything.

All players in the group have 8 effective points (remember bonus points
don't count for effective points), so there's a 3-way tie.  The next
tiebreaker is "highest score in the last game commonly played by ALL
affected players," and there is none in this case because Brian has all
forfeits for the night.  So it then goes to start-of-meet ladder order,
which is why John moves up and Peter moves down.

Whether this makes sense or not is open to debate, but that's what happened.

     --- Dave

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:09 PM, Rob Wintler-Cox via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM, John Mucciardi <john at washingtonworks.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Quick question, while I wish that I had done (a lot!) better yesterday in
>> Group 8, Peter received more points than I did and is moving down while I
>> am moving on up (like the Jefferson’s). Is that correct?
>>

> Does anybody have an answer for this? I expect that if it is correct then
> the answer is going to be “effective points,”  but I wanted to throw this
> out to the entire list. Even if you consider effective points everybody
> would have been tied, so in my mind Peter still should have gotten the win.
> Is it somehow caused by Doru dropping out?
> Rob

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."