[FSPA] Pinburgh - Places to Eat

Brian Harris brianharris01 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:16:43 EDT 2018

I'm not at Pinburgh, but I'm very familiar with the area around the DLCC.

* Joe & Pie is the easiest and closest place to get a cheap, standard
breakfast, but go early to avoid the rush and they can be a little slow.
* Sienna Mercato is three restaurants in one: Emporio, a table service
meatball-oriented menu; Mezzo, a stylish upscale Italian restaurant; and
Il Tetto, their rooftop beer garden.  I've only been to Emporio, which
is quite good.
* Nicky's Thai is the only good Asian fare around, but it's really
good.  It's also very crowded - call ahead for reservations.
* I believe a Fogo de Chao recently opened nearby for those who want to
splurge.
* If you're willing to hike, Gaucho Parilla Argentina, down the strip,
is one of the best-reviewed fast-casual steak places in all of
Pittsburgh.  Expect a big line at prime times.
* $5 smoothies are hidden in the Westin's commercial concourse at Edible
Arrangements.

- BrianH