[FSPA] Ghostbuster Proposal--CarPool

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:47:59 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 5:41 PM Dan Reynolds via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
wrote:

> the problem isn't that it makes the game unfair, it's that it makes the
> game unfun.

Well, "fun" is certainly relative.  I don't particularly enjoy grinding out
O-ramps and sonic booms on Dr. Who as that gets quite repetitive after a
while, but it's something I can do well and I'll usually put up a good
score on that game with that strategy.  No one will beat me doing multiball
or Repair targets or whatever.

The same could be said about looping the left ramp on Airborne, the left
orbit on Theatre of Magic, or any number of classic games where one lit
spinner trumps the entire rest of the playfield.

Playing a game for fun can be vastly different than playing a game to win.

       --- Dave

--
"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."