[FSPA] VUK Preplays for Rob and Doug

Rob Wintler-Cox rwintlercox at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:59:02 EDT 2018

How is my score, or how is the game? Answers, respectively: It sucks but
could have been worse, it’s super fun.

JJPOTC is a nice shooting game, with a lot of really neat shots that only
new designers seem to be able to come up with — the hole under the upper
flipper is AMAZING. If you’re bored of choosing from *only* seven doctors,
the 30-ish characters will definitely pique your interest… at one point we
wanted to see how the chest works, so next game I said “I’ll just find the
character that makes the chest easier”, and of course there was one. Plus
you can steal characters from other players, you might even ***choose to go
first*** 😱 to block other players from certain characters… it’s pretty
great. The mystery award dynamic — where it chooses a verb-modifier-noun
set (e.g. “plunder-other player’s-gold”, “award-2-x playfield”) formerly
done by the spinning disks in the playfield — is a really cool idea. I
personally don’t love the rocking boat toy, but the rest of the game more
than makes up for that.