[FSPA] Silverball Sanctum machine status & league night poll

Roland Joyal joyalrj at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 14:31:50 EDT 2018

Hi everyone-

Fall season is here, and wanted to point out a couple changes.  League-favorite 50 cent Jungle Lord is back ...and nothing is going away!   Location manager is pleased with the league and has allowed a 7th machine.  And who you gonna love?  Ghostbusters!  That's right, you are going to fall in love with the game now that it has the "RoJo" mod.  Some people have told me they should love the game because of the great play field design, toys, theme, artwork, sounds, etc, but they have a hard time loving it because of the darn large flipper gap ...and I agree.  I have listened to your woes and have devised a solution so that the gap is now the same as any normal machine, and flipper angles remain the same, only now you won't be losing the ball SDTM as much and feel ripped off that you can't get far in the game.  Plays soooooo much better now, the way it should have been from the start coming out of factory.  And for whatever reason the particular GB we have does not start video mode nearly as easily as others, which was the minor complaint some GB's have.  Dracula now has Mist multiball working, and all games have play field and backbox LED's for better visibility w/o it being over the top annoying.  And the air conditioning in the place won't be much of, or any issue since it will be cooler with the Fall/Winder weather.

As far as what night of the week Fall/Winter/Spring should be on, as I have mentioned before, the location can hold the league on Thursday night versus Wed night if you prefer, and if you all want to move it to Thursday they are willing to keep the place officially open until 10PM and will not kick you out if you are still playing when they are cleaning up after 10PM (just like they won't do now on Wed after 9pm).  This will allow league to start at 7:30 or 8PM, whatever is more desirable, and give people more casual time to play after league play is complete for the night.  When I polled the league a couple months ago, the only difference was a "negative" difference to switch to Thursday nights, with 2 people indicating that most likely they could not make Thursday nights if it was switched.

So if it does NOT benefit anybody (by allowing a league member to play when otherwise they would not be able to) to change it to Thursday with a later start time then we will keep it at Wed at 7PM so we will not lose those 2 people that indicated they cannot make Thursdays.  But now that we have our Fall schedules for work, etc, maybe things are different for other players, and maybe for those 2 players as well, so let me know ONLY IF it makes a difference one way or the other, otherwise we will leave it the way it is.

Thanks in advance for your input.  -Roland